Food dispensers may be the way forward as an environmentally friendly approach to distributing food. Companies throughout the UK have taken the initiative to find creative ways to improve on their plastic consumption. As a society, we dispose of plastic packaging by burning it. When plastic is burnt it produces toxic gases like Dioxin, which affects the people who are in its direct contact. These plastics may also end up in landfills where they may or may not even break down.
Only 9% of plastics we use get recycled. The remaining 91% to end up in landfills where they do not decompose. In recent years, our use of plastic as consumers has peaked at its highest levels ever recorded. For this reason, it is becoming increasingly popular to find alternative, resourceful ways to address our excessive use of plastic.
One of the many ways that some shops have taken the initiative is by using food dispensers. Our food dispensers take plastic completely out of the equation. In shops, customers bring their own resuable containers and fill their required amounts of food. This removes the requirement for single-use plastic packaging, which avoids and minimises the disposal of plastic.
As a shop owner, this allows you to gain extra space and add more products to sell without clutter. Food dispensers are eco-friendly, durable, shatterproof and made from BPA free, clear east triton co-polyester. It is 35 times stronger than acrylic and is dishwasher proof, so is easy to clean. You can securely store pasta, whole grain, rice and even alcohol with the ease of using our food dispensers. When your customer provides their containers, it allows you to easily distribute the food into their containers. This promotes your company as responsibly taking steps to improve its carbon footprint.
A good example of a shop that uses food dispensers is Food Story in Aberdeen. They are a zero-waste café that allows their customers to bulk buy direct from them. Their customers bring in their own packaging and order as much as they require at a cheaper than usual price. Food Story’s mission is to reduce the amount of carbon emission released in the environment using their food dispensers. Their shop offers a range of items such as organic vegetables, nuts, seeds, coffee and detergents.
The Scoop Dispenser is good for sticky, hard to flow food. It is an easy solution for use at supermarkets, shops, convenience stores, hotels and cafés.
This dispenser is easy to use and your customers can fill their containers themselves. When pulled down, the dispenser creates a continuous stream-flow, perfect for cereals, nuts, pasta and pet food. One pump provides a single portion so there is no need to measure it. This is perfect for cafes when serving customers.
If you would like to have your dispenser hung on your shop wall, our wall mounted gravity dispensers are ideal – especially if you have limited space. These units are made to suit our existing slatwall system. When combined, these allow you to give your store environment that added professional look.
This is the ideal dispenser for special food ingredients such as spices, powders, herbs, fine cut teas, seasonings and toppings. Its design is perfect for keeping the ingredients intact and is easy to use. All the user needs to do is gently shake it to loosen up the contents, then push a button to dispense the product. These food dispensers present new possibilities for sustainability in stores, restaurants, cafes and much more.
In the UK, you can often see food dispensers in local cinemas to choose your favourite ‘pick ‘n’ mix’ of candy. Larger companies such as Waitrose and M&S are taking the initiative to do their part in improving the way plastic and packaging is used. Figures from M&S state that 3% of their shoppers are actively seeking services that allows them to bring their own packaging so they are able to fill their containers as they please.