Companies throughout the UK have taken the initiative to find creative ways to improve on their plastic consumption. As a society we dispose of plastic packaging by burning it. When plastic is burnt it produces toxic gases like Dioxin, which affects the people who are in its direct contact. These plastics may also end up in landfills where they may or may not even break down.
Only 9% of the plastics we use get recycled leaving the remaining 91% to end up in landfills where they do not decompose. In recent years our use of plastic as consumers has peaked at its highest levels ever recorded. For this reason, it is becoming increasingly popular to find alternative resourceful ways to address our excessive use of plastic.
One of the many ways that some shops have taken the initiative is through our food dispensers. Our food dispensers take plastic completely out of the equation. In shops customers bring their own containers and fill their required amounts of food, without having the need for plastic counterparts. This promotes using the same container and decreases packaging which avoids and minimises the disposal of plastic.
In your shop this allows you to gain extra space in order to add more products that you can sell without there being clutter. The dispensers are eco-friendly, durable, shatter proof and made from BPA free, clear east triton co-polyester. It is 35 times stronger than acrylic and dishwasher proof, so no stress when cleaning. You can securely store your pastas, whole grains, rice even alcohol with the ease of using our dispensers. When your customer provides their containers, it allows you to easily distribute the food into their containers. This promotes your company as responsibly taking steps to improve your carbon footprint.
A good example of a shop that uses food dispensers is Food Story in Aberdeen. They are a zero-waste café that allows their customers to bulk buy direct from them. There customers bring in their own packaging and they order as much items as they require at a cheaper than usual price. Their mission is to reduce the amount of Carbon Emission released in the environment using their food dispensers. Their shop offers a range of items such as organic vegetables, nuts, seeds, coffee and detergents.
There are the main types of dispensers:
The Scoop Dispenser is good for sticky, hard to flow food and can be easily used at supermarkets, shops, convenience stores, hotels and Cafés etc.
This dispenser is easy to use, and your customers can fill their own containers themselves as the dispenser when pulled down creates a continuous stream-flow perfect for cereals, nuts, pasta and pets food etc. One pump provides a single portion so no need to measure it. This is perfect for cafes when serving customers.
If you would like to have your dispenser hung on your wall, our wall mounted gravity dispensers are ideal for your shop especially if you have limited space. These units are made to suit our existing slate wall system. When combined these allow you to give your store environment that added professional look.
The ideal dispenser for your special food ingredients such as spices, powders, herbs, fine cut teas, seasonings and toppings to name a few without the need for plastic packaging. Its design is perfect in keeping the ingredients intact while all the user would be required to do is gently shake it to loosen up the contents and push a button to dispense it. These products present new possibilities for sustainability in your stores, restaurants, cafes and much more.
In the UK you can see these food dispensers being used in your local cinemas to choose your favourite ‘pick n’ mix’ of candy which is quite an attraction. Larger companies like Waitrose and M&S have taken the initiative to do their part in improving the way plastic and packaging is used. M&S have found that 3% of their shoppers are actively seeking services that allows them to bring their own packaging so that they are able to fill their containers as they please. If you would like to keep up to date with what’s happening with Morplan please follow us on Instagram and Facebook.